No matter what your travel plans are this holiday season, safety should always be a top priority, especially if you are heading on a road trip this winter. Make sure your vehicle is up-to-date with any service or maintenance issues.
· Check your tires. Take a look to see if your tires need to be rotated or even if you need a new set because the treads are worn down.
· Stay up to date with servicing your car. When was the last time the oil was changed? Or a general maintenance check was done on your auto?
· Stay on top of recalls. If you haven’t been notified of any recalls from the vehicle manufacturer or the dealership where you purchased your car, do a bit of your own research. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration lets you enter your car’s vehicle identification number (VIN) to see whether it’s been recalled. Check for recalls here.
· Check your vehicle’s safety ratings. You can find vehicle safety ratings for most cars on the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) website here.
· Check your windshield and windows. It is always important to check your windows and windshield for tiny cracks or chips. If you find any, setting up a repair is so easy with Glass America!
Periodically, check your vehicle for safety issues. Learn what the most common safety hazards are. You can either create your safety checklist or download one from the internet! Welcome in the new year knowing that you’ve made safety a priority for yourself, your loved ones, and others on the road.