Fixing a small chip now can save you the hassle and cost of replacing the entire windshield later. Small chips can lead to large cracks requiring complete windshield replacement - nobody wants that! Here’s why you should never ignore a chip in your auto glass:
· Chips can quickly become cracks. Small damage can spread quickly due to increased pressure on the windshield. Pressure can come from something as minor as going through a car wash, changes in temperature, or slamming the car door.
· Chips negatively affect a vehicle’s structural integrity. A cracked windshield compromises the structural integrity of the windshield, which, in turn, contributes to the structural strength of a vehicle. In an accident, the windshield supports the roof, prevents passengers from being thrown from the vehicle, and helps airbags
deploy properly. If you end up in a collision with a damaged windshield, it will shatter easier and won’t provide the same structural support.
· Fixing windshield chips are inexpensive and quick. Our windshield repairs are fast and affordable. There’s no reason to put it off and risk having to pay more for an entire windshield replacement.
· You may be cited for a traffic violation. Driving with a chipped windshield is illegal and may result in a ticket. If there is a chip larger than one inch on the windshield, you could be cited.
· Debris can complicate repairs. If a windshield chip isn’t repaired right away, dirt can penetrate the chip and cause more problems. If you wait too long to fix the chip, the dirt inside the glass can cause the resin to not hold as effectively as it should. If the resin doesn’t hold, the chip can begin to crack, forcing an entire windshield replacement.