After many months of quarantine and prioritizing your health, you may feel the need to stretch your legs and get out of the house. Although our country is still dealing with the pandemic, there are safe, family-friendly trips you can plan. For instance, a family road trip! The best part of a road trip is the flexibility to take the necessary precautions to keep your family safe. For one, social distancing is easy on a hike or take-out dinners can turn into outdoor family picnics at rest stops. This fall, take your family on that much-needed trip away.
What defines fall? That's right, cooler temperatures and changing foliage. If you are trying to change it up – consider visiting some of the most stunning colorful cities in the US.
- Tarrytown, New York is the perfect spot for Halloween lovers. Only a few miles from the iconic Sleepy Hollow, visit here to enjoy spooky tours, warm cider, and peaceful hikes for the entire family.
- Green Mountain, Vermont is the ideal spot for a postcard autumn vacation. Filled with orange and red maple trees, your family will feel like they have entered a fall paradise. Not to mention, it is a national forest, with designated hikes and furry friends.
- Salt Lake City, Utah is great for the whole family. This October, celebrate Oktoberfest without needing a plane ticket to Munich. While the adults can taste the local brews, the kids can participate in fall activities without the crowd. Fall is not peak tourist season for Salt Lake City, so you do not have to worry about social distancing being an issue.
- Salem, Massachusetts is optimal for your spooky, witch-loving teenagers. Get the family to watch Practical Magic, and then take a historic walking tour of one of America's oldest and most notorious cities.
- Estes Park, Colorado, and Grand Lake, Colorado will take you through Rocky Mountain National Park where the colors of fall will be evident the whole journey, no matter which way you look. Both towns also have quaint shops and restaurants your family can visit without worrying about large crowds of people.
- Nashville, Memphis and Dollywood, Tennessee are several of the best road trip destinations depending on the direction your route takes. Venture into the Country Music Capital in Nashville. Eat some BBQ in Memphis. Pass through Dollywood as you plan your drive and climb through the Great Smoky Mountains. Do not forget Norris Lake. Last but not least, Chattanooga is a top spot to visit with hiking and plenty of outdoor sporting activities.
Before you pack the car, however, make sure it's running smoothly. After months parked in the driveway, it might be time for a quick inspection. How is the battery running? Does the oil need to be changed? Most of all, let's make sure your windshield is in shape for long drives ahead. Glass America, with its convenient mobile service
, can provide the inspection and repair (if needed) right in the comfort of your driveway. And if you run into any issues with your windshield while on the road, give Glass America a call – we've got locations around the country